Know before you go
- Wear appropriate shoes, tennis shoes are ok, but boots are recommended.
- Horses aren’t machines. We care deeply about our herd, which means if they are sore or hurt, we may not be able to take certain rides.
- We ride on loose rock and sometimes steep trails, so we do have a 250lb weight limit for the protection of our animals.
- Our age restriction is 12, however, we do offer free coral rides for those under 12.
- Mountain weather is unpredictable, bring a rain jacket and warm clothes.
- Do I have to be a guest at Spear-O to ride? Nope! We encourage locals and those passing through to book rides.
- It is a 1-hour drive from Sheridan. To be on time, plan accordingly.
which ride do I choose?
For the absolute best experience, one you’ll never forget, we recommend the full-day or overnight rides. We are an 90 minute trail ride to the Cloud Peak Wilderness, meaning if you truly want to immerse yourself in the most beautiful part of the Bighorns, a full-day ride is the way to go.
Better yet, spend a few days with our wranglers in one of the truly remote places in the world.
Two hour rides are great, but you don’t get very far from the lodge. Half-day rides are beautiful as well, but it’s just a sneak peak of what a full-day can be.